7.20.2011

Honey Lime Enchiladas

So. It's no secret that I love limes. No seriously... lllove them. I love them in almost ANYTHING.. main dishes, salads, sauces, drinks and desserts. I even love them straight. Oh... and don't even get me started about how they smell! So when my sister Lisa told me she had a good honey LIME enchilada recipe?... I was all over it! Not only was a hit with the fam, I served it with, what else?... the Limonada drink that I posted last week of course. I'm all a pucker!

6 Tbsp. Honey
5 Tbsp. fresh squeezed Lime Juice
1 small can, diced Green Chili's
1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
1 lb. Chicken (about 2 large chicken breasts) cooked and shredded.
8-19 Flour Tortillas (I prefer the uncooked kind.)
1/2 lb. Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
1/2 lb. Mexican Style Cheese (shredded)
1- 14 oz. can Green Enchilada Sauce
1 cup Salsa Verde
1 cup Heavy Cream
Fresh Cilantro (chopped)

Mix the first five ingredients and toss with the shredded chicken. Put in a Ziplock bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or longer if preferred.
Pour about 1/2 cup of the salsa verde on the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan. Fill each flour tortilla with chicken and the Monterey Jack shredded cheese. Roll them up and place in baking pan.
Mix the Green Enchilada Sauce, and the remaining 1/2 cup Salsa Verde with the cream.
Pour the sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with the Mexican Style Cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until brown and crispy on top. Top with fresh Cilantro.

* You can also add black beans to the chicken mixture.

No comments: