8.11.2011

Salsa

These are two of my favorite salsa recipes. The first one I got from Syl. Although I chop most of my ingredients by hand, Syl does most everything in a food processor. It looks a mess but is much faster! Serve both recipes with Fritos Scoops or tortilla chips.

6-8 chopped Roma Tomatoes
2 Lg. chopped Avocados
1/4 cup chopped Cilantro
1 bunch Green Onions
1 - 15 oz. can White Hominy drained
1 - 15 oz. Black Beans
Sm. bottle of Zesty Italian Dressing. (Use only as much as you like. The recipe calls for almost a full bottle but I only used half.)

Corn Salsa
1 can corn drained
1 can black eyed peas or garbanzo beans, drained
2-3 chopped tomatoes
1 bunch green onion chopped
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1 avocado cubed
1-2 chopped yellow, green or orange peppers
1 pkg. Good Season Salad dressing mix OR Fat Free Zesty Italian mix.


No comments: