7.07.2013

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Verdes

This recipes is from a fabulous cook from my ward back in Pittburgh.  She keeps her own cooking blog which is fantastic.  When I made this yesterday I got 9 enchiladas, and since my boys don't eat a whole one each, I cooked 5 and froze 4.  There are instructions on how to freeze them included in the post, but here's a picture of mine (minus the cheese).  She writes in her post that the sauce is so good she could eat it with a spoon, and she's right, it's that good.


Here's the link.  Enjoy.  Creamy Chicken Enchilada Verdes

IMPORTANT UPDATE!  I had forgotten this tip last time I froze these enchiladas, but was unpleasantly reminded when I heated up a couple of these for myself and Neil yesterday.  The sauce separates and gets watery in the freezer but the enchiladas do just fine.  If you're pulling these out of the freezer, whip up a fresh batch of the sauce (it's really quick), it'll be so worth it.

No comments: