12.10.2012

Parmesan Basil Panini

 I need to grow a garden. . . in my apartment. . . because I am in love with herbs. And cheeses!

Moving on, tonight I made Matthew and I these paninis that I just named Parmesan Basil Panini because I never have had to name a recipe before and didn't know what to call it. I guess I could call it Whitney's paninis since I did make it up. Because all I did was put a ton of things I LOVE together in a sandwich and grilled it.

The point is, I know you all can make your own sandwiches and know that any of these ingredients can be swapped out for something else. I just thought this might just be another yummy mix up for you to try.

Ingredients:

-Yummy bread (I use whole wheat from the store because it is always on hand, but french bread is yummy too)
-olive oil (I feel like this makes the outside of the sandwich much more crispy than butter or margarine)
-miracle whip
-red crushed pepper
-fresh basil chopped or torn up
-freshly grated parmesan cheese
-sliced ham thinly sliced red onion

Directions:

Stick all of the ingredients between your two slices of bread in whatever order suits you. Brush the outside of the bread with olive oil (I use a paper towel, but someday I will own a brush) and place the sandwich in your panini/waffle maker (or frying pan) until the cheese is melted. Then EAT!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I'll send you $5 so you can go buy yourself a brush. Seriously, it's worth it. Especially if you're at chef status (which you obviously are since you freakin made up a recipe)