11.04.2011

Sopapilla Cheesecake Pie

So after I returned home last night quite late from a meeting and put on my cozy robe, I decided to check my email right before bed. Cierra's Spanish teacher had sent out an email to all of the parents saying she hoped our student informed us of the "Celebration of Cultures" party the following morning, and would we please remember to send something from the culture our students are studying to share with the class. Seriously? It was 11:00 and the following morning I had an entire day of meetings starting quite early. I immediately Xed out of my email and went to allrecipes.com to find the simplest mexican recipe I could find. I looked at the very first recipe that had a lot of stars next to the title (even though I really didn't care if it tasted good or not), printed it out, got dressed, ran to the store and went to straight to bed when I got home. I made this recipe before Cierra left for school at 7:30 a.m. and then... oh.. my.. yum! This dessert was divine and so easy!
Bad for you? Of course it is. Why else would I label it divine?

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp. Mexican vanilla
2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup honey

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
3. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each package so that you have TWO 9x13 rectangles. Press one of the rectangles into the bottom of the baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the dough, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough. Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 min. Remove from oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.



No comments: