10.06.2011

Creamy Chicken Soup

Yesterday was the first cold and stormy day of Fall so of course last night I broke out the soup recipes. I like this one because it's super fast to make and a comfort food to boot. Since I have left overs, my one and only EVER love of my life (to whom I've been married to for 32! years today) and myself are going to take this soup up to the mountains and have lunch while we watch the snow fall. A beautiful life.

2-3 Chicken Breasts or 1 Rotisserie Chicken (I just use however much of it I'd like)
1/2 Cup each of diced Celery and Carrots (I add way more carrots)
1 medium Onion chopped (about 1 cup)
2- 14 oz. cans Chicken Broth
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 Cup Half & Half
8oz. package of Wide Egg or Homestyle Noodles

Simmer celery, carrots and onions in chicken broth until barely tender.
While vegetables are cooking, cook noodles and set aside.
Add the cans of Cream of Chicken Soup to the veggies. Add Half & Half and stir carefully with wire whisk. Add chicken and noodles. Serves 6



No comments: