9.22.2011

Chicken Stuffed with Garlic and Goat Cheese

I'm finally back posting. Honestly I've been cooking a lot lately, trying all kinds of new recipes. Unfortunately I've had a string of ho-hum dishes unworthy of sharing. But here is my latest discovery, it is so good and much simpler than it sounds.

1 whole head of garlic
1/3 cup goat cheese with herbs (3 ounces), left at room temperature to soften
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves (I did 3 large ones)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
4 teaspoons olive oil

Roast the garlic earlier in the day (for an awesome step-by-step guide, check out this link How to Roast Garlic from a fabulous cook in my ward here).

Preheat oven to 350. In a small bowl combine garlic pulp and goat cheese, set aside.

Make a horizontal cut into the thickest part of the chicken breast to form a sort of "pocket" and stuff 3-4 teaspoons of cheese into each breast. (I stuffed all the cheese mixture into my 3 pieces of chicken, more is better I think). Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.

Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken and cook 3 minutes, until browned. Turn chicken over and put skillet in the oven. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 160. Cover and let rest for 5-10 minutes, serve warm.
Link

1 comment:

Kar said...

Sounds delicious. I lurve goat cheese.